Watercress Rainbow Salad with Feta, Beetroot and Avocado
If you want to create unique taste with colorful look, then this is the perfect recipe idea. Completely healthy and suitable for any occasion.
2 vacuum packed cooked beetroot
1 yellow pepper
2 medium carrots
400g tin of green lentils
85g bag of watercress
50g feta cheese
2 tbsp fresh parsley
For the dressing:
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt
1. Slice the beetroot and yellow pepper into fine matchsticks and grate the carrot. Drain the tin of lentils and combine with the vegetables in a large salad bowl.
2. Prepare the dressing by whisking together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt together in a bowl.
3. Pour the dressing into the bowl of sliced vegetables and lentils and toss so all ingredients are coated in the dressing. Gently toss the watercress through the salad. Crumble over the feta cheese followed by the parsley.
4. Cut the avocado in half, twist and remove the stone. Cut into slices and arrange on top of the salad.
5. Cut the pomegranate in half and tap the back with a wooden spoon while holding it over the bowl to release the seeds, sprinkle on top to finish the salad.