WARNING! This Plant Can Kill an Adult in 15 Minutes and a Child in Less Than a Minute

When it comes to having green plants at home, you should be extremely careful about that in order not to regret that afterwards. Knowing this can save many lives.

Poisonous plant

A mother has recently lost her 3 years old child who by mistake chewed and swallowed a piece of this poisonous plant. In last than a minute her tongue swelled which unfortunately lead to her death. Now she is warning every parent out there to educate themselves, keep an eye on this plant, so no other life is lost. We all love having green plants in our home, but without knowing some of them can be very harmful to our family especially to kids when they are left alone at home. “Dieffenbachia” is a tropical flowering plant typical to the New World Tropics in Mexico and the West Indies south of Argentina.

Dieffenbachia is a type of house plant with large, colorful leaves. It`s commonly found in homes, waiting rooms and offices, adding natural greenery. But what seems to be an ordinary plant is actually a hidden killer. Poisoning can occur if you eat the leaves, stalk, or root of this plant.

The poisonous ingredients are oxalic acid and asparagine, a protein found in the plant.

What are the symptoms?

  • Burning in mouth or throat
  • Damage to cornea of the eye
  • Diarrhea
  • Eye pain
  • Hoarse voice
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Swelling and blistering in the mouth or tongue

Blistering and swelling in the mouth may be severe enough to prevent normal speaking and swallowing.

Even if you touch it and than accidentally rub your eyes it can lead to serious problems, in some cases to permanent blindness. So please be aware of what sorts of plants your are bringing inside your homes, learn about them and make sure they don`t pose a threat to you and your family.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!