Unbelievable- Using 1 Tsp of Cumin Daily Helps You Lose Fat 3 Times Faster
If you are really desperate to lose your stomach fat and finally shrink your waistline, then you simply have to start eating more cumin!
Cumin is a popular spice native to the Mediterranean region, the Middle East, and East India, but is cultivated in hot climates around the world. It is a phytosterol and an antioxidant and it belongs to the family of Apiaceae. Its seeds are used in the cuisines of many different cultures in both whole and ground form.
This spice has been used since ancient times by the ancient Egyptians in their food, but also for the practice of mummification, as well as by the ancient Greeks and Romans in their meals.
Cumin provides your body with many health benefits including:
- It treats cancer;
- Treats common cold and congestion;
- It improves concentration and brain function;
- Treats skin disorders, boils and hemorrhoids;
- Treats respiratory diseases, bronchitis, asthma and anemia;
- It improves immunity;
- Aids in digestion;
- It treats insomnia.
Moreover, this ancient spice has been proven to aid in weight loss and fat loss. Researchers in Iran were eager to find out what this incredible spice can do in regards to body weight as well as how it can affect blood fat levels. That is why they conducted a study that included 88 obese and overweight women.
The 88 women were divided into two groups randomly. One group ate 3 g of cumin powder mixed with 5 g of yogurt twice per day, while the other group ate plain yogurt. Both groups reduced their calorie intake by 500 and received nutrition advice prior to the research. All the women were measured and weighed before the study, which lasted for three months.
he results were published in the journal Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice.
The group of women who consumed the cumin and yogurt mix on average lost nearly 50% more weight than the other group. They also experienced other benefits besides their weight reduction. They decreased their body fat percentage by 14.64%, lowered their body mass index and waist circumference, reduced their cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and thus reduced their risk of heart disease, atherosclerosis and diabetes. All in all, the study concluded that cumin powder can indeed boost the success of weight loss.
Here’s how to incorporate cumin in your diet:
- Add ground cumin to sautéed and roasted vegetables. It goes well with carrots, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, and squash.
- Beat into scrambled eggs before cooking.
- Add to mayonnaise, marinades and salad dressings.
- Sprinkle some ground or whole cumin over nuts.
- Add it to rice, lentils or beans,
- Add to the meat mixture when preparing meatballs, hamburgers, or meatloaf.
- Use it in soups and stews.
- Prepare tea or a warm beverage by boiling cumin seed in some water and allowing it to steep for about 10 minutes.
- Mix it in when you’re preparing guacamole or hummus.