Turmeric Chickpea Salad With Mint Dressing
This delicious Turmeric Chickpea Salad With Mint Dressing is hearty and full of flavors with a perfect blend of roasted chickpeas and broccoli, with fresh vegetables!
For: 4 servings
- Turmeric Chickpea Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, or 1-15 oz can, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive, or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika, or add to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, cut into slices
- Mint leaves, for garnishing
- Mint Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime, or lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly oil.
- Place chickpeas and broccoli florets in a large bowl.
- Toss with oil, turmeric, cumin, paprika, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Place seasoned chickpeas and broccoli on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, place salad dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- To assemble, divide chickpea and broccoli into 2 bowls. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocados.
- Drizzle with 1/2 of the mint dressing and serve. Refrigerate remaining dressing will keep for about 1 week.