Sweet Potato Oatmeal with Pecans and Cranberries
For: 2 servings
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch sea salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons pecans
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- Candied Sweet Potato Cubes
- 1 cup sweet potato, peel and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons maple, syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch cinnamon, optional
- In a large saucepan, on medium-high, add water, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, salt. Bring to boil. Stir in rolled oats and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until thick.
Candied Sweet Potato Cubes
- Place sweet potato cubes in a medium saucepan with water, maple syrup, coconut oil.
- Cover saucepan and bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer. Stir constantly and cook for about 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside
- To serve, ladle oatmeal in a bowl. Topped with candied sweet potato, pecans, and cranberries.