Surprising Healing Power of Papaya
This vibrant looking fruit attracts the immediate attention and seduces with its bitter sweet taste making it a perfect healthy choice for the whole family.
Papaya was previously regarded as an exotic and rare fruit, but not it is available at most times of the year. Now what to need to do is to try to see papaya from different perspective. Try to harness its incredible healing potential to improve your health.
Here are the top 7 benefits that you can get from regularly eating papaya.
- fights cancer cells-the abundance of the powerful antioxidant beta-carotene is shown to inhibit the growth of colon cancer in Japanese population according to a scientific study entitled ” Inverse associations between serum concentrations of zeaxanthin and other carotenoids and colorectal neoplasm in Japanese” published February 2014. Another study conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health’s Department of Nutrition states that higher presence of beta-carotene in diet may have a crucial role against prostate cancer.
- strengthens the immune system- One medium fruit contains about 224 % of your daily needs of vitamin C, so it makes papaya excellent choice to prevent cold,flu and cough.
- asthma prevention-being rich in beta-carotene also makes papaya ideal choice for people who want to lower the risk of developing asthma.
- helps ease menstrual pain– combination of vitamin C and enzyme papain is said to regulate and ease blood flow during menstrual period. This combination also revitalizes body, maintains energy and vitality. Vitamin C on its own is responsible for reducing stress in woman experiencing painful menstruation.
- age-related macular degeneration – loaded with the antioxidant zeaxanthin makes papaya a natural protection of eyes as it prevents cataract formation and other age-related vision problems.
- has supportive role in the cardiovascular system– the presence of potassium, fiber and vitamins helps to ward off heart diseases and reduces the risk of heart attack.
- aids digestion– Apart from being high in fiber and water content, papaya has the enzyme papain which promotes regularity, prevents constipation and speeds metabolism. It is helpful for lower weight and beneficial for the health of the overall digestive tract. Moreover, some compounds in papaya break down the food from proteins into amino acids which are essential for proper functioning of all vital organs.
The wide variety of health benefits of papaya are just a few reasons why you should add this precious fruit on your menu.
To conclude, papaya is a delicious tropical fruit that has great taste, mouthwatering flavor and abounds with powerful health benefits. Now knowing the full potential of this amazing fruit, it is your turn to explore the refreshing taste of papaya and benefit from its medicinal features.
Note: Pregnant women should be careful when consuming papaya, in other words they should avoid eating too much papaya as there is a slight risk of miscarriage.