Delicious Strawberry Colada Smoothie You Simply Can’t Resist!
This Strawberry Colada Smoothie is perfect for summer, it offers that flavor that reminds of you being in the tropics, soaking up the sun on a warm sandy beach somewhere. We all love Pina Coladas but have you tried blending some strawberry into the mix? Well you should, starting with these nutritious smoothies! Coconut and strawberries just go together, it’s one of those pairings that was meant to be.
Strawberry Colada Smoothie
- 8 oz fresh strawberries, chilled, hulled
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 (5.3 oz) container coconut Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage (the kind found in the dairy isle)*
- Pulse strawberries in a food processor until well pureed.
- To a blender add banana, pineapple, coconut Greek yogurt and 1 1/4 cups coconut milk. Pulse until well blended, adding an additional 1/4 cup coconut milk as needed.
- Spoon pineapple mixture into glasses filling about 1/3 full then add a spoonful or two of the strawberry mixture, swirl lightly with a butter knife then repeat twice more. Serve immediately.
- Alternately, all ingredients can be blended together in a blender versus processing strawberries separately.
- *Light canned coconut milk can also be substitute just blend 1:1 with water.