Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast Fillets
Excellent mix of ingredients that create an incredible recipe that everyone will love, even those who don’t like spinach that much. Prepared for any occasion either as a regular meal enjoyed in the company of your family or as special meal for your guests and close friends.
- 4 chicken breast fillets (boneless, skin on)
- 3 cups spinach (frozen leaf, defrosted)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps ground peanuts
- Loosen the skin from the chicken.
- Drain the spinach in a sieve and press out as much water as possible.
- Mix with the feta and a little black pepper, then stuff between the flesh and skin of the chicken, smoothing the skin back over the stuffing.
- Season the chicken all over with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan with a lid.
- Add the chicken, skin-side down, and fry until the skin is browned.
- Turn it over and cook on the other side, then add the ground peanuts and fry until lightly toasted.
- Add 6 tbsp water, then cover for 15-20 mins until the chicken is cooked through.