Soothe Stiff Joints and Sore Muscles With This Cayenne Muscle Cream
If you suffer from stiff joints, sore muscles and back pain that no store-bought medicine can heal, this is the recipe that you may be looking for. So, are you ready to prepare a completely natural muscle rub that is free of chemicals and will successfully soothe your back pain?
This potent homemade muscle rub is easy and quick to make, and it requires ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen.
You would probably wonder why cayenne is the main ingredient for this particular health condition? Here is the answer.
The Importance of Cayenne for Muscle Pain
It’s capsaicin, the main active constituent of cayenne that releases the so-called “substance P” in the body. This substance P is released from the inflammatory and nerve cells of the immune system.
It helps the body perceive pain and stimulates the release of different cytokines which further induce a healthy inflammatory response.
Cayenne extends blood vessels thus allowing the anti-inflammatory cells to reach the affected area. When released, the substance P is usually depleted as when you regularly apply cayenne, the threshold of pain in that spot increases. This process is also known as pain desensitization.
In fact, the area feels less painful so that you can take the needed steps that will heal the particular point. It can be stretching, walking, physical therapy or exercises, which in combination with cayenne can heal your body for a short period of time.
Beyond the Cayenne
This muscle rub is rich in various ingredients that will soothe the tired and achy muscles and even heal them.
Coconut Oil nourishes your skin and provides many antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and pain reducing properties for your skin.
Raw Cocoa Butter is also great for the skin because it is high in antioxidants and beneficial herbs that are easily absorbed by the skin and can deeply penetrate into the muscles.
Ginger was traditionally used in both the Traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic Medicine due to its warming and anti-inflammatory properties.
When applied to the muscles, it stimulates the blood flow movement. In this way, the blood brings new immune cells to the affected part and pushes along the inflammatory cells that have caused the pain.
Turmeric, a spice similar to ginger provides many anti-inflammatory and healing properties. It reduces swelling and controls the inflammations in the body. Bear in mind that inflammation is important for the healing process, but it should not be chronically inflamed.
Peppermint Essential Oil contains menthol, which reduces pain, soothes muscle soreness and relaxes the muscles. With its cooling effects, peppermint has similar effects as ice.
The ginger and peppermint provide an excellent balance. The ginger warms the area and brings blood flow and immune cells while peppermint constricts the muscles and moves the blood to remove waste.
When using this muscle rub, make sure you:
1. Rest is critical for healing the sore muscles, so keep in mind to rest the area that chronically experiences pain.
2. Drink water as much as you can because water is required to carry the blood around and reduce inflammation. As rest, water is crucial for healing.
3. To reduce arthritis pain take some turmeric capsules. About 1500mg of turmeric capsules per day will be as effective as NSAIDs for reducing pain in people with knee osteoarthritis, without providing the side effects like NSAIDS.
Cayenne Joint and Muscle Rub Recipe
- Coconut oil – ¼ cup
- Raw cocoa butter – ¼ cup
- Beeswax – ¼ cup
- Organic Cayenne powder – 2tsp
- Organic Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Organic ginger powder – 1tsp
- Peppermint essential oil – 10 drops
- Glass jar
- Put the cocoa butter, coconut oil, and beeswax into a pyrex glass container and then place it into a saucepan full with 2-3 inches of water. The pyrex container should rest in the water.
- Let the water simmer. Make sure you regularly stir the mixture until the beeswax, cocoa butter, and coconut oil melt.
- Then add turmeric, cayenne, and ginger and stir until they are moistened.
- Remove the pan from heat and then add the peppermint essential oil.
- Pour it into a glass jar and make sure it cools before you place the lid on top.
- Apply the rub on the affected area.
Store the rub in the fridge because it does not contain preservatives. It will last for 6-8 weeks.
CAUTION: After you apply the rub on the affected area, wash your hands because both peppermint and cayenne essential oils can be very strong. Also, turmeric can cause mild skin yellowing.