Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Recipe – Mexican Style
Delicious Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Recipe -Mexican Style is full of flavor and perfect comfort breakfast for that special person in your life!
For: 4 servings
- 8 oz tofu, rinse and drained
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup organic diced tomatoes (no salt), or 1/2 cup tomato sauce plus 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 green onions, cut into slices
- 1/2 avocado, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 5 Tortilla chips, broken into pieces
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high, add onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and bell pepper and cook for a minute.
- Stir in cherry tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes stirring. Add diced tomatoes, paprika, cumin, turmeric, oregano, yeast flakes, cayenne pepper, salt and cook for about 1 minute.
- In the meantime, crumble tofu with a fork and add to tomato mixture stirring to fully coat.
- Cover and allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes. Stir in tortilla chips, green onions, and cilantro.
- Remove from heat and serve.