Pumpkin Lasagna Recipe
Here is creative way to prepare lasagna and experience its extraordinary taste. Try this new and unique recipe and enjoy it in the company of family and friends.
1 medium butternut squash
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon dried ground ginger
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
10 no-boil lasagna noodles
1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, chopped into ½- to 1-inch pieces
½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Place the butternut squash directly in the oven, whole. Bake for 20 minutes or until soft enough to cut in half with little effort.
3. Cut into quarters, place in a baking dish or large cast iron skillet, and roast for 40 more minutes or until the skin can be easily peeled away from the flesh.
4. Cut chunks about ½- to 1-inch in size. Set aside.
5. Reduce the oven heat to 350° F.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin and the next 7 ingredients (salt through maple syrup). Set aside.
7. In another small bowl, stir together the ricotta, 2/3 of the chopped mozzarella, and ¼ cup of Parmesan. Set aside.
8. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon 1/3 cup of the pumpkin sauce in the dish. Top with 2 lasagna noodles. Spoon ¼ of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Top with ¼ of the butternut squash chunks. Top with 1/3 cup of sauce. Top with two more noodles, continuing to layer like this until all the cheese and squash is used. Add last 2 lasagna noodles and remaining sauce. Dot the top with remaining chopped mozzarella and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
9. Cover with foil. Bake for 50 minutes. Let stand, covered, on a rack for 20 minutes before serving.