Orecchiette With Chickpeas and Broccoli Rabe
How to Make It
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add chickpeas and sauté 2 minutes or until they’re just beginning to brown. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté 30 seconds.
Add broccoli rabe and chicken broth to pan; bring to a simmer and cook 3 minutes or until broccoli rabe is crisp-tender.
Stir in hot pasta and salt; cook 2 minutes or until heated throughout.
Divide among 4 shallow bowls, and top each with Parmesan cheese.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe (rapini), chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups hot, cooked orecchiette (a little ear-shaped pasta), 8 ounces dry
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Calories per serving 456
- Fat per serving 12g
- Saturated fat per serving 2g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving 2g
- Protein per serving 21g
- Carbohydrate per serving 67g
- Fiber per serving 7g
- Cholesterol per serving 4mg
- Iron per serving 5mg
- Sodium per serving 327mg
- Calcium per serving 137mg