Magnesium Protects Against Stroke, Heart Disease and Diabetes
The levels of certain minerals and vitamins in our body are very important for our overall health. Even though we usually don’t even pay attention to them, there are minerals such as magnesium that are extremely important. Magnesium, in particular, regulates numerous processes in the body and it also helps treat fatigue and improves the mood.
Here are 6 of its most important health benefits:
Depression and Other Mood Problems
The use of magnesium boosts mood and improves the state of mind, treating depression.
Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease
Magnesium deficiency is linked to insulin resistance when causes issues like increased risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Magnesium regulates blood sugar and prevents such issues.
Regulates High Blood Pressure
Magnesium is a natural and effective way to regulate blood pressure, and avoid all kinds of similar issues.
Magnesium effectively relieves headaches and migraine.
Over half of the magnesium in the body is stored in the bones, so its optimal levels work in synergy with calcium and vitamin D and strengthen bones and boost their health. You can also prevent various bone-related issues, like osteoporosis and similar conditions, by optimizing magnesium levels in the body.
High magnesium levels in the body lower the risk of colorectal cancer for up to 13%.
Here are some additional benefits of magnesium:
- Treats constipation
- Treats insomnia and improves sleep
- Soothes muscle spasms and pain
- Boosts energy levels
- Calms the nerves and promotes relaxation
If you decide to take magnesium supplements, you should choose some of the following types:
- Magnesium Chelate: it is found naturally in foods, and is highly absorbable
- Magnesium Threonate: It is highly absorbable
- Magnesium Citrate: It helps digestion and treats constipation
- Magnesium Glycinate: it is highly absorbable and easily corrects deficiencies
- Magnesium Orotate: These contain orotic acid which supports heart health
- Magnesium Chloride Oil: It relieves muscle pain, boosts energy levels, and heals wound, so it is especially helpful for athletes