How to Make the Most Delicious Rainbow Salad with Honey and Lime
Are you feeling stuck in an everyday routine eating the same foods over and over again? Have you asked yourself lately: Am I getting the most out of my fruit consumption?
We`ll show you that there is a good reason why should you chop up your daily fruit intake and mix it all up! What you (or your body) needs is synergy. Eating more and different fruits doesn’t mean that you`re getting a wider variety of nutrients.
Most of them need to work together in order to supply your body with powerful health benefits. The Rainbow salad is really simple to make and besides the fruits all you need is a little bit of honey and lime. The key is perfectly ripe fruits.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 lb of diced pineapple
- 12 oz blueberries
- 6 oz blackberries
- 1 lb of sliced strawberries
- 3 mandarin oranges, peel and section
- 4 peeled and sliced kiwis
and for the dressing
- 1/4 cup of organic honey
- 2 tsp organic lime zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Put all of the ingredients (the fruit) into a big bowl and mix it nicely
- In a different bowl stir together the honey, lime juice and the lime zest.
- Pour the Honey and Lime Dressing over the salad and make sure the fruit mix is evenly covered.