How to Get Rid of Whiteheads?
In this article, we will tell you about different remedies to get rid of whiteheads. Whiteheads or closed comedones are milder forms of acne which are caused due to the clogged skin pores. The skin pores are blocked with dirt, sebum, and dead skin. There is a small gland in the skin known as a sebaceous gland. It releases oil or waxy matter known as sebum and natural oil in laymen term. However, if the oil is produced in excess, it builds up in the pores along with dead skin and dirt and thus leads to clogged pores. This gives way to white pustules or whiteheads. The color of the pustules is white or light yellow. This is because it does not get oxygen from outside since the pores are closed. Nose, temple, forehead, cheekbone and chin are the key areas of whiteheads. This skin condition is common among both, males and females. However, people with oily skin are more susceptible to white heads. Read more, to know about whiteheads and remedies to get rid of whiteheads.
Symptoms of Whiteheads:
- Clogged skin pores
- Small whitish bumps (pustules)
- The Harsh surface of the nose, cheeks, chin or chest
Causes of Whiteheads:
The root cause of whiteheads is clogged pores. The skin pores are blocked with oil, dead skin cells and bacteria because of the following reasons:
- Hormonal Changes – Generally whiteheads occur during puberty that is between 9 to 16-year-old teenagers. The human body at this stage goes through various changes in the hormones that affect the body development internally and physically. At this stage the amount of oil secretion is high. Apart from puberty, the excessive oil is produced during pregnancy, menstruation, and menopause.
- Medications – Certain drugs such as corticosteroids, anticonvulsants, barbiturates, androgenic steroids, DHEA, Lithium and medications that contain iodides or bromides can cause whiteheads blackheads and acne.
- Genes – The family history of the person plays a crucial role. If your relative or family member has had whiteheads then the percentage of whiteheads occurrence in you increases.
- Beauty Products – Some beauty products with high content of oil or which does not suit your skin also leads skin problems such as whiteheads, blackheads, and acne.
- Bacteria Buildup– The bacteria built along with the oil and dirt give way to whiteheads.
- Dead Skin – Irregular shedding of dead skin.
- Dairy Food Products – Food products like curd, milk and other dairy products contain natural saturated fats and hormones. Moreover, a food with high sugar raises insulin levels which produce more testosterone (male hormones) in the body. The testosterone further stimulate oil gland activity which results as whiteheads.
- Stress is also a common cause of skin conditions.