How to Cure Pink Eye?
Pink Eye, which is also called conjunctivitis is a thin bacterial infection in the white part of the eye and the inner eyelid which is also called conjunctiva. There are various ways to cure pink eye or the bacterial eye infection. The cure for pink eye are simple and easy. It effects that part of our eye which is transparent and consists of blood vessels that overlay the Sclera called Conjunctiva. This Bacterial Inflation causes these blood vessels to dilate resulting to red, bloodshot eyes. Pink eye is contagious so it can get easily transmitted from person to person. There are easy and simple ways to cure pink eye. They can cause serious health risk if not diagnosed properly. The common sufferers of pink eyes are school children’s, college students, preschoolers, teachers and day care workers.
Symptoms of Pink Eye:
- Redness in the white of the eye or inner eyelid.
- Yellow discharge from the eyes.
- Burning sensation
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light.
Types of Pink Eye:
- Viral Conjunctivitis
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis
- Allergic Conjunctivitis
Causes of Pink Eye:
The causes of pink eyes also define its types:-
- Virus – Pink eye caused by virus are called Viral conjunctivitis. It often results due to common cold. This type of pink eye is very contagious. One should avoid contact with the eye and should wash hands frequently. It even spreads while coughing and sneezing.
- Bacteria – Pink eye caused by bacteria it’s called bacterial conjunctivitis. The greenish or yellowish discharge are prominent during the time of infection, sometimes the eyelids get stuck after one gets up from sleep.. This type of pink eye can cause serious damage to the eyes if not treated
- Allergies -Dust or irritants like pollen or animal dander causes allergic reaction which results to allergic conjunctivitis.
- Irritants – Chemical products which are basically alkaline or acidic based like bleach, ammonia based hair products causes pink eye.
- STD – STD’s causes pink eye in new-born babies. In case when mother is infected from any STD (sexually transmitted disease). During the time of child-birth the infant eyes gets exposed to other types of bacteria resulting to gonococcal conjunctivitis. Sometimes the infant gets Pink Eye immediately after its birth or a few days after birth.
Remedies to Cure Pink Eye:
1.) Use Dark Glasses to Cure Pink Eye
During pink eye one get photophobia and light exposure to sun or light is harmful to the eyes. To avoid exposure to sunlight and bright light one should use the dark glasses to avoid contact with sun or bright light. The glasses one wears at the time of infection and should not be used later to avoid the spreading of virus.
2.) Use Cold Water to Cure Pink Eye
Cold water helps to reduce irritation and curing pink eye. Take clean water in a clean container boil it and later refrigerate it. One can use cold water to rinse the eyes routinely to cure pink eye. Applying of cold water with wet clothes for several times a day can also help in treating pink eye. One needs to use clean and soft piece of cloth and damp it with the clean cold water. Dab the eyes with the wet cloth and place it on the eyes. This helps on cure pink eye. In case of pink eyes caused due to use of chemical products on should first rinse once eyes with clean water.
3.) Use Antibacterial Ointment or Drops to Cure Pink Eye
One can use anti bacterial ointment or drops to cure the inflation. Standard antibiotic treatment often works for ordinary bacterial infection related to Staphylococcus infection which commonly occurs in adults. Silver nitrate is a combination of silver with nitric acid. It has proved to be a great remedy for bacterial infection. One can use drops of the solution for curing pink eye. Various anti bacterial ointments and drops are available;e in the medical stores. One can use them to cure pink eye.Infants who get effected with viral infections during birth are given a silver nitrate or antibiotic ointment within an hour of child-birth.
4.) Use Saline Water to Wash Infected Eyes
Saline water has proved to be best to cure pink eye. Bring a saline from the medical store and refrigerate it for a while so that it cools down . One can use an eye cup or a dropper to rinse the eye with cooled saline water for 3-4 times a day. It gives a soothing and cooling effect and helps to cure pink eye.
5.) Use Raw Potatoes to Cure Pink Eye
One can use raw potatoes to cure pink eye. Its one of the most easy and simple way to cure pink eye. Take a fresh potato and refrigerate it for an hour. Later peel it of and wash with cold water. Slice the potato and use fresh slice of cold potato by placing the slice over the eyes for the soothing effect. Do it 3-4 times a day to cure pink eye.
6.) Use Tea to Cure Pink Eye
Tea has an anti bacterial property which helps in curing pink eye. Pour some warm water into a clean cup and pour a tea bag in it. After it cools down bad the effected eye with the tea bag. One can cold tea to rinse the eyes regularly for 3-4 times a day to cure pink eye.
7.) Use Honey to Cure Pink Eye
Honey has anti bacterial properties and this helps for the Cure pink eye. A simple solution of honey with clean water is very helpful in curing the inflation. One can make a solution by dissolving ¼ teaspoon of raw honey with ¼ clean cup of warm water and drop 1-2 drops of the solution 2-3 times a day using a clean dropper.
8.) Use Raw Milk Cure Pink Eye
One can drop few drop of raw cow or goat milk by using a clean dropper. Raw milk are loaded with immunity boasting biotic which are beneficial for such inflations. If raw milk is not available one can use Yogurt to cure pink eye. Yogurt contains beneficial bacteria. For pink eye treatment one can use the clear liquid part of the Yogurt. Drop 1-2 drops of the liquid with a clear dropper 2-3 times a day to cure pink eye.
9.) Almond Oil and Coconut Oil
Almond and coconut are rich oils which not only helps to cure pink eye but also prevents it from happening again. Mix a table-spoon of silk brand almond oil and coconut milk blend one table-spoon of honey. Dip a cotton ball and dab it on the tear ducts twice a day to cure pink eye. Use the solution for 3-4 times a day to cure pink eye.
10.) Use Turmeric to Cure Pink Eye
Turmeric is has anti bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to cure bacterial infection like pink eye. For these one needs to take a clean container and pour a glass of water and boil a spoon of turmeric . Later when it cools down one can use it to rinse the effected eyes to cure the inflation. Use this solution for 3-4 times a day to cure pink eye.
Prevention from Pink Eye:
Since conjunctivitis is a contagious disease one should take care of the precautions. Here are simple ways to prevent pink eyes:-
- Never share sunglasses, contact lens.
- Never share personal hand towels, wash cloths,pillows or tissues.
- One should cover once nose and mouth while sneezing in public.
- One must avoid rubbing or touching ones eye.
- Washing hands frequently.
- One must use follow eye doctors instruction for contact lens care and replacement.
- Using disinfectants
- Avoiding allergic foods or products.
- Avoiding acid based products.
- Drinking lots of water.
- Avoiding dust
- Keeping your eyes clean.