Get Rid of Foot Pain in 10 Minutes With These 6 Effective Stretches
We are all aware of the fact that our bones are connected to one another in the body, and thus, the pain in one area may lead to issues in others as well. For instance, the pain which originates in the foot actually causes pain in the leg.
There are numerous reasons, over 25, for the pain felt in the feet, like bunions, corns, heel spurs, arthritis, athlete’s foot, overlapping toes, and ingrown toenails, and all of them lead to some kind of discomfort.
The feet are connected to numerous points in the body, which is the basis of the Chinese reflexology as well, which is old for millennia, and suggests that the feet are the source of the entire health of the body.
Due to that, there are numerous detox foot baths which are based on the claims that the feet are the perfect place for elimination of toxins. In order to relieve foot pain, you can try some effective natural alternatives, and stretches are one of the best of them, and can be done in 5 minutes.
The Toe Raise
Elevate your toes while standing on the feet. Lift the pinky toe at the same height as the big toe and repeat 5 times with both feet.
While in the same position, lower just the big toe, while the others are still up. If you can’t press it down, press the pinky toe down instead, and repeat 5 times with each foot.
Toes and Fingers
In a sitting position, with the legs in front, and the toes pointing upwards. Then, lean forward, and with the fingers pull the toes back gently. If you cannot perform this with both feet, you should do it with one foot at a time.
Tennis Ball Rub
You should step onto a tennis ball, roll it under the feet, while pressing a little bit. Repeat with the other foot. In the end, tilt the foot in order to make your toes point toward your knee, and stretch the toes in order to point downwards.
In a standing position, rock your body weight to the outside of your foot, and lift the weight off the inside. Rock inward while your weight remains resting on the outside. Repeat 10 times with each foot.
Loop a stretchy exercise ball around a table or a chair leg, and hook the foot through it, in order to make the foot rest against the band. Next, press the toes toward to floor, and stretch. Repeat 15 times.
The following tips are really useful in order to restore the health, balance, and strength of your legs.
- Wear Proper Footwear. Even though comfortable shoes may sometimes mean that you should forget about the modern shoes and high heels, it can be of great help, as you should not constrict your toes. Your shoes should be proper for the width of your foot, and they should allow your feet to breathe, like mesh or leather. Moreover, your shoes should have proper arch support. Flip-flops are not the best option, as the grippy action your toes do in them harm your foot.
- Soak in Epsom Salts. Epsom salts are great for feet detoxification, and they also boost the intake of magnesium.
- Try yoga. Yoga is excellent to ground the body, as almost all yoga poses are based on grounded feet. You will learn to root the feet, and restore the body balance, along with your mental state.
- Walk barefoot outside.This activity is also known as earthing, and it provides numerous health benefits. The feet are designed as flexible, and they grew in order to grip uneven surfaces. Therefore, walk in your backyard, or start wearing shoes with individual toes, which are miraculous for the feet.
- Consult a specialist.You should see a doctor if you suffer from unbearable, constant foot pain. You may need to wear custom orthotics, which can improve the condition of your feet.
Especially if you are diabetic, you should take proper care of your feet, as their health is essential for your wellbeing.