Creamy Rose Water Rice Pudding
Creamy rice pudding with rose water is topped with chopped pistachios for rich and floral-scented dessert. It is a rice pudding recipe that is special because it will remind you of your childhood. Rosewater is wonderful in many desserts, especially in this recipe for rice pudding. It adds a flavor that takes you to another part of the world where you imagine yourself walking through souk. Serve chilled.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup medium-grain rice
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- Rosewater or rosewater essence, to taste
- Finely chopped, skinned pistachios, to garnish
2. Fold through cream and rosewater. Divide between six 1-cup ramekins or dariole moulds. Chill at least 3 hours until set.
3. To serve, run a knife around rim of moulds and with a firm shake, turn out onto dessert plates. Garnish with nuts.