Cherry Almond Coconut Protein Dessert
Regular physical activity requires replenishing proteins regularly as well. However, it is not optimal to consume large amounts of meat and dry, tasteless seeds every day, or else even training may start to become a drag.
It is possible, though, to make a simple, delicious treat once a week, in order to make our protein-replenishing diet more varied.
- cup almonds
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oat flakes
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ dried cherries or other dried fruit
- Finely grind the almonds. Add cottage cheese, maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir the mixture until it turns into a paste
- In another bowl, mix oat flakes, dried cherries and shredded coconut
- Combine the content of the two bowls and mix well
- Form small cookies out of the mixture and place them on wax paper
- Place them in the fridge for 2 hours
- Remove them from fridge 5 minutes before consumption