Caramelized Banana Oatmeal with Pomegranate and Blueberries
Enjoy this warm bowl of healthy Caramelized Banana Oatmeal with Pomegranate and Blueberries, it is so flavorful and satisfying for breakfast!
For: 2 servings
- 1 green banana, peeled
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 cups almond milk, or coconut milk
- 1 pinch of ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Caramelized Banana
- 1 banana, cut in slices
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Peel skin off green banana using a knife, discard the skin. If using a box grater, cut into 2 pieces and grate both pieces using the smallest side of the grater.
- If using a blender or food processor, cut white part in pieces and add to blender with 1/2 cup water. Process until smooth and set aside.
- Add oatmeal, banana mixture, remaining 1 1/2 cups water, milk, allspice and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Keep eye on pot and stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Stir in sweetener and vanilla.
For Caramelized Banana
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Add maple syrup and bananas. Cook on one side until golden brown about 2 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- To serve, divide the oatmeal into 2 bowls evenly. Top with caramelized bananas, pomegranate, blueberries and sprinkle with chia seeds