Broccoli Steaks With Parmesan Bread Crumbs
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F. Pulse bread in a food processor until coarse crumbs form, 6 to 8 times.
Cut broccoli lengthwise into 4 wedges, making sure florets stay attached to the stem. Warm 2 tablespoons of the butter in a small skillet over very low heat until melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer to a small bowl, add Worcestershire sauce, and stir to combine. Brush broccoli evenly with Worcestershire mixture.
Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place broccoli quarters in skillet, cut side down. Cook, brushing occasionally with Worcestershire mixture, until caramelized, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven; roast until broccoli is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same small skillet over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and thyme. Cook, stirring often, until bread crumbs are toasted, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and pepper.
Place 1 broccoli wedge on each of 4 plates; top evenly with bread crumb mixture.
- 2 ounces French bread, torn
- 1 12-oz. head fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Calories per serving 253
- Fat per serving 20g
- Saturated fat per serving 9g
- Cholesterol per serving 35mg
- Fiber per serving 3g
- Protein per serving 6g
- Carbohydrates per serving 15g
- Sodium per serving 283mg
- Iron per serving 2mg
- Calcium per serving 107mg