Beetroot and Vodka Cured Balik Salmon Croissant Canapé Recipe
Beetroot and vodka cured salmon is a great elegant starter. Along with a hit of vodka, this classic recipe gets a new edge and involves no actual cooking.
Ingredients of Beetroot and Vodka Cured Balik Salmon Croissant Canapé
- 10 toasted Croissant slice
- 3 Tbsp Philadelphia cheese
- 1 cucumber
- 1 dz asparagus
- 1 Tbsp capers
- For Salmon Marination:
- 1/2 cup dill leaves (chopped)
- 60 ml vodka
- 1 fillet salmon
- 1/2 cup rock salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole coriander
- 1 cup beetroots (puree)
How to Make Beetroot and Vodka Cured Balik Salmon Croissant Canapé
- Crush the coriander seeds and make a blend with the rest of the ingredients.
- Remove the Salmon skin and apply the blend on the salmon generously forming a thick crust.
- Leave it to rest in a tray and cover with some weight.
- After every 6 hours remove the excessive moisture that has drained from the salmon fillet.
- After 24 hours remove scrape of the crust and cut thin slices and shape like flourettes.
- For Assembling:
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices and roll them in to cigarillos.
- Toast the croissant bread and slice. Apply the Philadelphia cheese.
- Put the salmon flourettes, poached asparagus and cucumber rolls and garnish with capers, red onion and dill leaves.