After Reading This You Will See The Miracles of Baking Soda with Different Eyes
One of the best products which appear in everyone’s kitchen is the baking soda.It is actually sodium bicarbonate which is a natural substance appearing most often in the form of fine powder. It has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties, and is also a powerful medical tool which helps in colds, oral problems, or even skin issues. It is best to use it in short periods as excessive use can damage your hair and skin. These are the benefits of baking soda:
- Improves skin complexion – it removes dead cells acting like an exfoliate agent, it also balances pH levels that is very important for maintaining clear skin. Take filtered or rose water and add 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda to make a paste, apply it on your face and let it stay for 1 minute rubbing it off using the tips of your fingers, then wash your face with lukewarm water patting it dry. Repeat this 1-2 times a week. Moisturize your skin before you use the baking soda. Or, you can mix it with lemon juice and 4-5 extra-virgin olive oil and apply it on your face leaving it stay for 5 minutes and rinse off with cold water. Repeat this 2-3 times a week.
- Brightens yellow teeth – working as a mild abrasive it removes yellow strains from your teeth and plaque as well. Put a bit of it along with a toothpaste on your toothbrush and brush your teeth for 2 minutes doing this only once a day; or you can make a homemade teeth whitener mixing 4 tbsp. of turmeric root, 2 tbsp. of baking soda, and 3 tbsp. of extra-virgin coconut oil and use the mixture to brush your teeth once a day for a few days. Be cautious as baking soda can strip your teeth of its natural protective enamel.
- Fights pimples and acne – It treats the cause and reduce the symptoms of acne and other breakouts and balances the skin’s pH levels, too. You can mix 1 tsp of it with a baking soda to make a paste, apply on the affected area and let it stay for 1-2 minutes. After that, rinse it with cold water repeating this procedure 2-3 days and then reduce the frequency to 1-2 times a week.
- Treats body odor – it absorbs moisture and sweat from the skin reducing the mild and severe odor. Mix 1/8 tsp. of baking soda, 1 tbsp. of water and couple of drops of any essential oil applying it with a cotton ball on your underarms using it regularly. You can also mix baking soda and cornstarch in equal ratio, dust it onto your dry underarms to prevent sweating and bad odor.
- Relieves sunburn and sunburn blisters – it has soothing effect and helps relieve the itching and burning sensations, as well as dries sunburn blisters quickly due to its mild antiseptic and drying properties. Mix 1-2 tbsp. in cold water, soak a washcloth in it, wring it out to excess and apply it on the affected area leaving it stay 5-10 minutes. Repeat this 2-3 times a day until you get relief. Or, add ½ cup of it in a bathtub filled with water, stir well and soak in it for 10-15 minutes, then pat dry or allow your body to air dry repeating this 1 time a day for a few days.
- Treats nail fungus – it is an infection when fungi start growing under the nails resulting in crusty, thick, distorted and discolored nails. Mix 2 tbsp. of baking soda in 1 cup of raw, unfiltered apple cedar vinegar, soak toenails for 5 minutes in it and then pat dry them with paper towels repeating this 2 times a day; or you can also make a paste of 1-2 tsp of baking soda and warm water, apply it on the nails for couple of minutes and then rinse off with warm water repeating this procedure once a day.
- Treats smelly and oily hair – its alkaline nature balances the pH levels on the scalp keeping healthy and clean. Mix baking soda and water in ratio 1:3, apply on dump hair, let it stay for 5 minutes and rinse it off, repeating the procedure 2 times a month; add 1 tsp of baking soda in your regular shampoo bottle using it to wash your hair 1-2 times a week; or mix equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch, sprinkle it at the roots of your hair and tousle it around, finally brush your hair with a good quality brush.
- Treats stained or yellow nails – it has bleaching and exfoliating properties that remove stains. Mix ½ cup of water with 1 tsp. of 3% hydrogen peroxide and 1 tbsp. of baking soda in a bowl. Stir well and dip your nails 2-3 minutes repeating this once every 2 weeks. Or, mix 2½ tbsp. of baking soda with 1 tbsp. of 3% hydrogen peroxide to make a fine paste and apply on your nails with a cotton swab. Wait for 2 minutes and rinse the nails with warm water. Repeat this once in 2 months.
- Heals skin rashes and itchiness – due to its anti-inflammatory properties it has soothing effect reducing inflammation, swelling and itching. For localized itching mix water and baking soda in ratio of 1:3 and apply on the affected area, let it sit for couple of minutes and then wash it off with cool water, repeat this on regular basis; or, for itching all over your body, add 1 cup of the baking soda in a bathtub of cool water and soak for 10 minutes a day. If your skin is broken or very irritated avoid using baking soda.
- Removes dandruff – it balances the pH levels of the scalp to a healthy equilibrium. Rum 1 tsp of baking soda on wet hair and scalp, let it stay for 1 minute and rinse thoroughly, repeat this 1 time at a week. You can also mix 1 tsp of baking soda with freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon, apply it on your scalp and let it stay 2-3 minutes, then rinse it off, repeat it 1 time a week.
Baking soda is one natural remedy with a long list of health benefits and an endless list of uses. It can be taken internally by mixing with water. Baking soda can also be applied topically and used orally
While baking soda has many beneficial effects when ingested, it should also be used with caution as it is high in sodium. Those with sodium-restricted diets should not take baking soda internally. Taking sodium-bicarbonate by mouth may also cause problems for people with liver disease, edema, kidney disease, and those with high blood pressure. Internal use of baking soda may also be unsafe for pregnant and nursing women. If you are uncertain of whether or not use of baking soda will be safe for you, it is always recommended to consult with a doctor first.
Also, keep in mind that the following health benefits and uses apply to baking soda, but not baking powder which is a totally different substance. Furthermore, many commercial baking sodas contain aluminium or other impurities. As an all-natural remedy, always be sure to use pure sodium-bicarbonate.