8 Warning Signs of Thyroid Disfunction That Million Women Ignore Every Day
Thyroid dysfunction is extremely common and according to statistics over 25 North Americans are afflicted with this and half of them are not even aware of that. 90 percent of all thyroid issues are related to Under-Active Thyroid or Hypothyroidism.
The thyroid gland has control over metabolism, the tempo at which the cells turn food and similar outputs into energy. If the function of the thyroid is reduced, the energy levels are going to suffer.
8 Symptoms That Your Thyroid Is not Working Properly
- Gaining weight and not being able to achieve weight loss
- Mood related issues including depression, anxiety and mood swings
- Constant fatigue even after a good night’s sleep
- Inability to focus, poor concentration and brain fog
- Symptoms of hormonal imbalance such as infertility, irregular periods, PMS and low sex drive
- Having cold feet and hands and felling cold all the time
- Cracking skin, brittle and dry nails and excessive hair loss
How to Be Sure If the Thyroid is The Cause
There are a number of lab tests which can determine the way your thyroid is functioning. A person should do the following tests:
- Thyroglobulin Antibodies- TGB Ab
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-TSH
- Inactive Thyroid Hormone-Free T4
- Active Thyroid Hormone- Free T3
- Inactivated Thyroid Hormone-Reverse T3
- Thyroid Binding Globulin
- Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies -TPO Ab
The levels can be in their normal ranges, however if not optimal you still need to find the source and see what is the reason that the levels are not perfect.
These 8 Things Can Aid Your Thyroid to Function Better
- Avoid products which contain gluten and dairy. Dairy and gluten proteins lead to problems in the gut, thereby causing autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks your thyroid gland. This condition is called Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
- Encourage the adrenal glands. The thyroid and adrenal glands work together and both glands need to be encouraged by proper recovery time and nutrition.
- Cope with stress. Find the best way to cope with stress, you can try meditation, yoga, weightlifting, playing with your kids, journaling, time blocking, massages, and essential oils and so on.
- Make sure to sleep from 8 to 10 hours every night. Create a sleeping routine for yourself.
- Remove Mercury Amalgam fillings from your teeth and visit a biological or a holistic dentist.
- Use toothpastes that are natural. It has been proven that fluoride blocks iodine from attaching to the thyroid hormone, making it useless. Chlorine and bromide have almost identical effects.
- Take care of your gut. Digestive system which is well functioning is crucial for the health in general.
- Visit a Functional Medicine Doctor. This doctor can make the necessary test and can help you to discover what causes the thyroid imbalance.