4-Ingredient Apple-Honey Mixture That Flushes Pounds of Toxic Waste From Your Colon!
Colon cleanses have long been popular, but they haven’t always been easy or pleasant. Fortunately, we’re here with a four ingredient cleanse that’s easy to make and use!
When making vegetable and fruit based cleanses, it’s important to pick high fiber options that are packed with as many nutrients as possible. The colon cleanses we’re about to share with you is full of amazing fibers, nutrients, and vitamins that will replace the toxins you expel.
Apples make a great starting base, as they’re full of soluble fiber that keeps you feeling full, and insoluble fiber that adds bulk to stool to keep it moving.
Flax Seeds make a great second base, as they help delay gastric emptying and aid in absorption of nutrients.
Chia Seeds contribute to a healthy digestive tract as well.
Try it out with this detox recipe below!
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon honey (for sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds (ground is easier to digest than whole)
- 1 cup water
- Blend all ingredients together except the chia.
- Pour contents of blender into a preferred drinking glass and stir in the chia.
- Keep stirring the drink until the chia seeds have started expanding (approx. 5 minutes).
- Drink and enjoy!
Just a Tip:
When eating a lot of apples or high fiber foods (like this cleanse provides), it’s imperative you drink a lot of water. Keeping hydrated ensures a healthy stool and functioning body!