Body odor is disastrous. We all sweat but not all of ours sweat gives pungent smell. There are several reasons responsible for bad body odor such as bacterial growth as a result of poor hygiene, nutrient deficiencies, chronic constipation, liver disease and genetic metabolic disorders. Strong and offensive body odor is a very sensitive issue. You may temporarily quench the stench using deodorants and other chemical sprays. However they fail to cure the cause to the core. In that case you need body odor natural home remedies.
Some body odor natural home remedies:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar or Vinegar: It is a well known natural bacteria fighting ingredient. It helps in eliminating body odor by balancing pH levels of your skin. It can also be consumed in order to control sweat production. It can be used in various ways such as, apply undiluted ACV for 2-3 minutes on your underarms before bath or you can add a cup of apple cider vinegar in your bath and soak for 8-10 minutes. Also you can simply add 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar and little honey to a glass of water and have it three times a day before meal.
2. Baking Soda with Lemon juice: People who sweat profusely can use this remedy, all they have to do is to mix half or 1 lemon juice with enough baking soda to make paste. Baking soda not only absorbs sweat but also eliminates bacteria.
3. Lemon Juice: Applying lemon juice with a cotton ball also lowers your skin pH making it difficult for bacteria to grow.
4. Tea Tree Oil Tea: Tea tree is an antibacterial herb. Tea tree oil is thus a natural antiseptic that kills and controls the growth of bacteria. It has a sweet smell so you can easily apply 2 drops of this oil mixed with 2 tbsp of water.
5. Baking soda with cornstarch: People who perspire excessively can go for this remedy, baking soda absorbs sweat and acts as natural deodorant while cornstarch is even more effective in absorbing profuse sweat. Mix the two and apply it on dry underarms after bath just like any other powder.
6. Witch Hazel: Apply this with a cotton ball at least 4 times a day and it will significantly subside the body odor. It is also known to lower the skin pH. It is a natural sterilizer and can be applied on armpits directly to serve as a natural deodorant.
7. Rosemary Herb: It is a herb used in Italian cooking, but can also be used as a remedy to number of ailments, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. The odor fighting properties of rosemary are most likely stronger when used topically.
8. Turnip Juice: This Ayurvedic herb is a rich source of vitamin C and helps reducing odor causing bacterial growth. Just crush 1 turnip to make paste, then sieve and press it to extract its juice. Now apply this juice to your underarms and other groin areas and let it try. This will check your body odor for no less than 10 hours.
9. Tomato Juice: Antiquated Indian Solution, Ayurveda has long used tomato juice as a cure for body odor. For this crush 8 to 10 tomatoes and extract it’s juice. Now add this juice to your bucket brimming with water and bathe with this water to cease your body odor.
10. Unscented Liquid Alum: In case you are allergic to different smells use this remedy. Mix 4 tsp alum powder with 2 tsp baking soda and 225 ml of rubbing alcohol. Store it in a spray bottle and use it like any other deodorant for a long lasting effect.
However, you no more need help of any natural home remedies to get rid of body odor, if you keep maintained your diet with proper healthy and nutritious food following the rule of balanced diet.